Friday, March 6, 2015

Not whether you own land, but what you do with the land you own



"Papunta ako sa kapatid ko (I'm off to visit a sibling)," said this woman in a jeepney, with baskets of various fruits with her. "Naisip ko, dalhan siya ng mga prutas galing sa farm (I thought of bringing her fruits from the farm)."

"You must have a big farm, to have all these fruits!"

She laughed. "Maliit lang; ilang ektarya lang (It's small; just a few hectares)." "Wow! At least you own land!" she was teased. "At nag-je-jeep ka lang (And you just ride jeepney for transportation)!"

She laughed again. "Ang tanong hindi kung may lupa ka pero kung ano ginagawa mo sa lupa mo (The question is not whether you own land, but what you do with the land you have/own)."

And then, turning serious: "Ako, nagtanim ng prutas. Dadalhan ko kapatid ko ng prutas (Me, I planted fruit-bearing trees. And I'm bringing fruits to my sibling)."

source: Speak Carabao

No comments:

Post a Comment